The Opportunity: The Global Marketing team sets the global brand strategy, developing products and marketing plans for regional teams to execute in market. The Associate Manager of Global Brand Marketing will be a key member of the brand marketing team who will provide strategic thinking and drive key marketing planning and activations across a variety of platforms and initiatives. Keys to success will be strong organizational skills with attention to detail, excellent communication skills (including written communication and oral presentations to small and large audiences), a can-do attitude, a passion for variety, and the ability to wear many hats. Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management is crucial for success in this role. This individual must be able to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and provide a compelling vision and strategy, be creative yet analytical/financially oriented, be resourceful in handling project roadblocks, and be a strong executer. The ability to put the consumer first in marketing strategies and planning is critical to this role.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Translate consumer and business insights into strategic, clear marketing briefs
• In partnership with Senior Manager, drive the development of robust, globally relevant brand building activities; serve as key strategic partner in the creation of key supporting assets and content as well as execution across global markets
• Work closely with cross-functional partners (marketing communications, digital, PR, product marketing) throughout the global marketing plan development and launch process with an eye towards management of advertising and promotional spend to drive ROI
• Partner with subset of key cross-functional teams, particularly in our Digital Engagement Group (YouTube, Influencers, Social Media) and Franchise Management (Content Development & Distribution, Mobile Gaming, Live Events, Licensed Consumer Products) to understand nuanced objectives of respective businesses, provide brand strategy inputs & deliver against multi-year roadmaps.
• In partnership with Senior Manager, manage the overarching marketing calendar to drive alignment across global markets as well as franchise lines of business.
• Independently complete consumer and competitive research projects; provides recommendations to support brand development. Able to synthesize various data inputs and provide easy-to-digest insights and actionable steps.
• Collaborate with global subsidiaries to address global needs and market feedback; support global information needs.
• Introduce and present new campaigns, strategies and/or research findings multiple times per year to executive audiences.
• Lead cross-functional teams with adept project management skills for flawless execution of high-profile, global campaigns.
• Embody the brand perspective and voice, serving as reviewer and approver of assets and content across platforms and countries
What We’re Looking For:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business or related (or equivalent); MBA preferred.
Minimum of 4 years (2 years with MBA) specifically either brand marketing experience or consumer marketing experience
Demonstrated leadership, project management and strategic thinking skills.
Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required.
Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from data, communicate, and present actionable insights to leadership.
Demonstrated a growth mindset by staying curious and continuously learning, embracing challenges, and improving themselves.
The annual base salary range for this position is $120,000.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Flexible Work:
We embrace a flexible work model designed to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where every employee can reach their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with flexibility, our focus is to optimize performance and drive connection for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
APPLY HERE https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/oneclick-ui/company/MattelInc/publication/e351121e-9915-4e6d-974b-c3647e65751a?dcr_ci=MattelInc&sid=3e6039f4-15c3-4a23-8146-7094a7ea421d